Well, as usual the days, weeks and months have somehow slipped away from me since my last blog in early May.
Covid-19 lock-down restrictions have eased quite a lot here in Queensland for which we are very grateful, but elsewhere in Australia, and particularly Victoria, things aren’t going quite so well.
In the meantime, here’s what’s been happening in our neck of the woods …
1. School visits have begun to slowly resume. Recently I’ve enjoyed speaking to students face to face at Sheldon College, Ipswich Girls Grammar and Brisbane Bayside State College (displays below). (Oh and I’ve also started-up a side-business as a contract killer.)
2. I’ve managed to do some (but not enough) reading. I really need to cut back on Netflix and Stan!
3. I’ve also sent a few more messages out via mikemail*.
*mikemail – where new and old technologies combine for very average results!
4. And I made a number of book and author videos for different people.
5. I was also very pleased to see that the ranks of PEG-PEOPLE continues to expand rapidly thanks to the talented Year 8s at Woodcroft College.
Top effort Woodcroftians!
If any other schools have created PEG-PEOPLE please send photos.
6. And with some of the Covid-19 restrictions lifted my wife and I have tried to get out and about more both for our own sanity and also to inject a bit of money into struggling businesses in South-East Queensland. How lucky are we to live in such a beautiful part of Australia?
7. Finally I’m sorry to say that I’ve been doing little or no writing. Hopefully this will change in the very near future.
So until the next blog, stay safe and positive everyone and do whatever you can to help keep everyone safe around you.